Estimated Reading Time: <1
The kidnapped, Mr Marcello Rizzo, 55, from the Sicilian town of Randazzo, works for the Italian construction company Gitto Costruzioni, the report stated.
He has lived in Nigeria for eight years.
“We have had some contacts (with the kidnappers) and we hope we will see a positive conclusion,” a foreign ministry spokesman told Reuters.
“We were informed of his disappearance several days ago,” he said.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%