Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator Bola Tinubu and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has dismissed the calls for a one year single tenure by the deputy senate President, Ike Ekweremadu.
The deputy senate President in an interview had asked the National Assembly to consider a two-year tenure for president and governors .
The Former Lagos State Governor, said he heard the rumour for another move for an elongation of tenure but such a move is dead on arrival.
Questioning the rationale for the proposal when the members of parliament are currently amending the Constitution. “If the National Assembly is pursuing a constitutional amendment, then why do you need another proposal for amendment?”
Tinubu spoke on Ekweremadu’s statement thursday at the public presentation of a book on the Emir of Borgu Kingdom, Alhaji Haliru Dantoro, in Abuja.
Tinubu however disagreed with the reported figures of barrels of oil stolen and called on the national assembly to investigate the claims.
“This is a lie. No thief can take the same number of barrel of oil on each attempt. The figure being dished out is too constant to be true; that figure is only in the book and it is about promoting corruption,”.
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children