Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator Bola Tinubu and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has dismissed the calls for a one year single tenure by the deputy senate President, Ike Ekweremadu.
The deputy senate President in an interview had asked the National Assembly to consider a two-year tenure for president and governors .
The Former Lagos State Governor, said he heard the rumour for another move for an elongation of tenure but such a move is dead on arrival.
Questioning the rationale for the proposal when the members of parliament are currently amending the Constitution. “If the National Assembly is pursuing a constitutional amendment, then why do you need another proposal for amendment?”
Tinubu spoke on Ekweremadu’s statement thursday at the public presentation of a book on the Emir of Borgu Kingdom, Alhaji Haliru Dantoro, in Abuja.
Tinubu however disagreed with the reported figures of barrels of oil stolen and called on the national assembly to investigate the claims.
“This is a lie. No thief can take the same number of barrel of oil on each attempt. The figure being dished out is too constant to be true; that figure is only in the book and it is about promoting corruption,”.
- APC Suspension: ‘A joke taken too far’ says Fayemi
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed