Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator Bola Tinubu and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has dismissed the calls for a one year single tenure by the deputy senate President, Ike Ekweremadu.
The deputy senate President in an interview had asked the National Assembly to consider a two-year tenure for president and governors .
The Former Lagos State Governor, said he heard the rumour for another move for an elongation of tenure but such a move is dead on arrival.
Questioning the rationale for the proposal when the members of parliament are currently amending the Constitution. “If the National Assembly is pursuing a constitutional amendment, then why do you need another proposal for amendment?”
Tinubu spoke on Ekweremadu’s statement thursday at the public presentation of a book on the Emir of Borgu Kingdom, Alhaji Haliru Dantoro, in Abuja.
Tinubu however disagreed with the reported figures of barrels of oil stolen and called on the national assembly to investigate the claims.
“This is a lie. No thief can take the same number of barrel of oil on each attempt. The figure being dished out is too constant to be true; that figure is only in the book and it is about promoting corruption,”.
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions