Estimated Reading Time: <1
Barcelona midfielder, Xavi says there is a ‘negative element’ surrounding the Barcelona camp that is affecting the team.
Barcelona has recently suffered back-to-back defeats to Ajax and Athletic Bilbao. The clouds are beginning to darken for manager Gerardo Martino as his training techniques are nnow being questioned.
Xavi has however debunked the elements
“We believe in what we are doing, but there is a negative element surrounding the club that doesn’t help,” the 33-year-old told Radio Catalunya.
“I hear things, and what I don’t hear people tell me about, and it seems there are more negative comments than even we are used to.
“But, to be honest, the only time the team has given the impression of not being in control was in the first half against Ajax, and perhaps at times in Bilbao.
“We thought we’d changed the Barca dynamics, but it still appears that the glass is half empty.”
He believes it is more difficult for Barcelona now as other teams are learning to play like Barca
“What has changed is that now everybody wants to play like Barca,” he says. “Rayo, Betis, Osasuna, Celta …
“Yes, we are losing more possession than normal, and it’s something we have to correct. But Martino is a leader who is really fair, knows loads about football and has very clear ideas.”
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students