Estimated Reading Time: <1
The FIFA president stated in Delhi last year:
“India has a very good chance as of now to host the tournament as it will give them an entry into the elite league and also will allow its Under-17 team to play as a host nation.”
The other countries in contention to host the competition were South Africa, Uzbekistan and Republic of Ireland.
Eight cities which include:New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Margao, Kochi, Pune and Guwahati. These cities are in line to host the youth World Cup. 24 countries will be involved in the tournament.
The date of the tournament will be announced later.
As hosts, India will automatically qualify for the tournament, which will be their first appearance in a World Cup at any level.
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19