Estimated Reading Time: <1
The FIFA president stated in Delhi last year:
“India has a very good chance as of now to host the tournament as it will give them an entry into the elite league and also will allow its Under-17 team to play as a host nation.”
The other countries in contention to host the competition were South Africa, Uzbekistan and Republic of Ireland.
Eight cities which include:New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Margao, Kochi, Pune and Guwahati. These cities are in line to host the youth World Cup. 24 countries will be involved in the tournament.
The date of the tournament will be announced later.
As hosts, India will automatically qualify for the tournament, which will be their first appearance in a World Cup at any level.
- Estonia gets first female prime minister
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore