Estimated Reading Time: <1
The FIFA president stated in Delhi last year:
“India has a very good chance as of now to host the tournament as it will give them an entry into the elite league and also will allow its Under-17 team to play as a host nation.”
The other countries in contention to host the competition were South Africa, Uzbekistan and Republic of Ireland.
Eight cities which include:New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Margao, Kochi, Pune and Guwahati. These cities are in line to host the youth World Cup. 24 countries will be involved in the tournament.
The date of the tournament will be announced later.
As hosts, India will automatically qualify for the tournament, which will be their first appearance in a World Cup at any level.
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability