Estimated Reading Time: <1
Panic at the Central Business District in Abuja Following a loud explosion from a conoil filling station near Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation.
The petrol Tank burst into flames at a conoil opposite NNPC toward Abuja. No casualties recorded.
Reports say the explosion affected several buildings across from the offices, thereby shattering the glasses.
Eyewitness say Conoil was discharging fuel when the fire started but men of the Fire service now on the scene of the incident.
At the moment, fire trucks battling to quench the flames.
Tweet from a citizens reporter close to the gas station reads, “@bubusn I have no reports of any casualties. The immediate area around the explosion has been cordoned off. Didn’t observe any evacuation of injured”
“@bubusn Location is about 500m from my office. Felt the explosion. First thought was that it was a bomb. Now that seems unlikely.”
Details to come
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office