Estimated Reading Time: <1
Our sources say, members of the All Progressives Congress are meeting to nominate its Presidential Candidate and no other person was called to the meeting but the Federal House of Representatives elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) Aminu Tambuwal.
The meeting which took place at the Kano State Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja had in attendance, the former Head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari and former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
One wonders if Tambuwal is still with the PDP as he is yet to openly cross carpet, but information has it that the APC Chieftains are grooming Speaker Tambuwal to take over from Goodluck Jonathan by 2015 and that was the major Agenda of the Tuesday emergency meeting called by the party.
The meeting with Governors who on Tuesday last week dumped the PDP for the opposition party, the All Progressives Congress, had the following Governors in attendance: Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state, Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa: Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto, among others.
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions