Estimated Reading Time: <1
Our sources say, members of the All Progressives Congress are meeting to nominate its Presidential Candidate and no other person was called to the meeting but the Federal House of Representatives elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) Aminu Tambuwal.
The meeting which took place at the Kano State Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja had in attendance, the former Head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari and former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
One wonders if Tambuwal is still with the PDP as he is yet to openly cross carpet, but information has it that the APC Chieftains are grooming Speaker Tambuwal to take over from Goodluck Jonathan by 2015 and that was the major Agenda of the Tuesday emergency meeting called by the party.
The meeting with Governors who on Tuesday last week dumped the PDP for the opposition party, the All Progressives Congress, had the following Governors in attendance: Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state, Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa: Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto, among others.
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children