Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Adaeze Oduah has made it known that the Nigerian Aerotropolis pproject would create a minimum of ten (10) million jobs for Nigerians. The minister made this known during a public hearing by the House of Representatives ad hoc committee looking into the FCT Land Swap
The Minister said the project which will be undertaken in Abuja and other Major international airports in Nigeria has the prospects of raking in an estimated N100 billion annually.
She also explained that the initiative is private-sector driven with 20 per cent equity holding by government through the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), the Minister added that value chains would span the agricultural, Health, Manufacturing, Culture and Tourism sectors of the economy.
”The development of airport cities (aerotropolis) is a 21’st century phenomenon that is gaining ground all over the world. It is no longer fashionable to have an International Airport without the support facilities and amenities such as shopping arcades, hotels, packaging industries, Residential Estates, modern airline offices and recreational facilities. The proposed aerotropolis will definitely boost the Nigerian economy and generate the much-needed employment for our teeming youth”, the Minister concluded in her Presentation.
In his opening remarks, the Chairman of the Ad hoc committee, Hon. Bimbo Daramola had commended the Minister for embarking on the aerotropolis project. He expressed joy that the Minister ”has taken the aviation sector to another level” and expressed the hope that the aerotropolis project will not only be profitable for private sector investors, the government and people of Nigeria, but also sustainable.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government