Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Goodluck Jonathan has summoned an emergency security meeting with the National Security Adviser, retired Col. Sambo Dasuki, and the Chief of Defence Staff , Admiral Ola Ibrahim in attendance.
Other service Chiefs in attendance are; the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika, and the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Alex Badeh. The emergency meeting was called following an attack by suspected members of Boko Haram sect in some parts of Maiduguri on Monday.
There was no official statement at the end of the meeting held in the office of the President at the State House but the CDS, who emerged from the meeting declined interview with the State House correspondents.
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt
- Just In: Borno Governor led residents at Zabarmari for the funeral of 43 farmers beheaded by Boko Haram terrorist
- Breaking: Nigeria’s President Buhari confirms the beheading of 43 Borno rice farmers by Boko Haram
- Former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sen. Sam Egwu has asked security agencies to arrest him
- Update: 43 bodies recovered as Boko Haram terrorists slit throats of Borno farmers
- Federal Housing Authority to publish names of Nigerians indebted to the agency in national dailies – Here’s why
- Breaking: Here are the 2020 candidates that emerged winners of the Future Awards Africa