Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has urged President Goodluck Jonathan to announce his successor at most three months to the end of his tenure.
Sanusi whose tenure is expected to expire by June 2014, over the weekend in Lagos cited the United States where a successor to Ben Bernanke was announced a few months to the end of the Federal Reserve Chairman’s tenure. .
The CBN Governor, responding to questions from participants at the 5th anniversary celebration, graduation and induction of the Women in Successful Careers (WISCAR) said the Central bank governors don’t comment on who they think their successor should be.
“It is not our business to do that; it is the president’s decision.”
Sanusi however added, “but if I have an input at all, I will try to encourage that we announce a successor two to three months before the end of my tenure so that everybody would know who that person is, what his or her views are, and so people can prepare accordingly.
The Central Bank Governor was commenting on the speculations over who might succeed him, Sanusi said some names had already been published in newspapers and more expected to be published.
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping
- ‘2.5 million people have registered to join APC in Kano’ Ganduje says
- Federal Government to establish special courts, judicial divisions on GBV – Malami
- Mercy Abang makes list of 100 most inspiring women 2021
- Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle says she contemplated suicide in an explosive television interview
- Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government extends closure of 10 schools
- We have rehabilitated 42 roads in Calabar South-Cross River Government
- Workers in Odukpani Power Plant accuse management of high-handedness, threaten strike
- Senate queries NNPC over N4Trillion unremitted revenue