Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal Government is aiming to add more value to Nigeria’s Agricultural sector by aiding mechanization in the sector through the provision of centres across the country where equipment could be hired. This was revealed over the weekend by the task team leader, Adekunle Ahmed of the ministerial team set up for the mechanization drive across the country. He also revealed that this would be achieved by the adoption of Public Private Partnership model as regards operation
The team leader had also revealed that the FG had injected the huge sum of N3.6 Billion into the coffers of the scheme. As regards the projection, he is of the belief that the Equipment hiring centres should be ready for use by the end of December and will cut across all states of the Federation
“We are not specifically saying the centre must be here or there rather, we are going to be visible across the 36 states of the Federation. It. Has been structured to be demand driven. We have a criteria that we had laid down,if one meets the criteria,we would provide access”
Farmers who were earlier captured in the (Growth Enhancement Support Scheme) GES will have access to the hiring center and the cost of the equipments for them carries a 50 percent discount off, he revealed
“Our partners are the manufacturers representatives,the farmers themselves, the service providers themselves,Bank of Agriculture and some commercial banks.
“There must be a minimum of 1,000 hectares where you are going to deploy this mechanization,also,a good business plan and Cash flow are equally important”
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami