Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Punch Newspaper is reporting that the Peoples Democratic Party is plotting to influence state lawmakers to impeach five governors who defected to the opposition All Progressives Congress last week.
According to its investigations, the party will lobby state houses of assembly members and members of the National Working Committee of the party, had considered the impeachment option since the governors joined the APC on Tuesday.
The governors who defected are Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State; Rabiu Kwankwaso of Kano; AbdulFatah Ahmed of Kwara; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa and Aliyu Wamako of Sokoto State.
However, the Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, and his Jigawa State counterpart, Sule Lamido, who are also among the PDP rebel governors, said that they had not left the party.
What will become of the ruling PDP in the weeks to come will also determine the party’s chances to remain in power come 2015 elections but many have criticized the President, Goodluck Jonathan for the poor handling of the crisis.
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt