Estimated Reading Time: <1
It was celebration galore at Aguleri yesterday as The All Progressives Grand Alliance celebrated their victory at the Anambra Gubernatorial polls. Willie Obiano was announced winner on Sunday after a supplementary election which took place on Saturday.
The National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh has described Obiano’s victory as faith in democracy. He thanked the people of Anambra state and President Goodluck Jonathan for making sure that the choice of the masses triumphed. The APGA chairman also dedicated the victory to the late Ikemba of Nnewi, Chief Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu
“The light which our late leader put on while he was alive is now shining gloriously with this victory.” he said
An elated Obiano thanked the people of Anambra for familiarizing with the Ojukwu’s vision in bringing the entire Igbo people under one political tent. He also thanked the incumbent governor of the state and the Nigerian President. He promised to keep up with the peace and development which had been put in place by the man he will succeed come 2014
“I must also at this point thank specially first INEC for conducting a very free and fair election; to the President for the great support he gave to ensure that this election was free and fair. I want to reassure him that all the support he got from Governor Peter Obi, I will very equally reciprocate or do much more.”
The governor-elect also called on the other major cpntenders in the polls to join him in building Anambra state,
“I specifically urge my brothers, Tony Nwoye, Ifeanyi Ubah, Senator Chris Ngige and Godwin Ezeemo to join us in the march to make Anambra a better place.”
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State threaten strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami