Estimated Reading Time: <1
External factors which will influence the work environment:
- Competitive Global business environment
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications sector
- Pay television environment
- Digital media content environment
- Multi-cultural environment
- Regulated environment
- Fast changing environment
- Corporate governance ethos
- Dynamic organization
External individuals or groups, as well as individuals or groups within the organisation to whom products, services, programme and information is provided:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Channel Directors
- All business units within M-Net
- Media Sales
Services and information which the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, as well as internally to accomplish the organization’s mission and strategy and objectives for all AfricaMagic West Channels.
- Liaise with relevant individuals regarding obtaining and managing programming and content for specialized channels.
- Implement the Strategic Positioning of the channels and increase audience figures.
- Effectively manage Channel budgets and continually implement cost efficient processes.
- Refine and effectively manage Programme Rights and ensure inventory is scheduled in a competitive, creative and in the most efficient manner
- Ensure that consumer viewing needs are met and aligned with local and global trends
- Drive commercial sales to generate appropriate consumer attention, as well as increase in revenue.
- Lead and manage all internal operations within relevant business units to ensure work flows are efficient, deadlines are met and excellent standards are delivered along the value chain.
- Ensure branding and marketing of all channels remains fresh, relevant and reflects the organization’s overall aims and objectives.
- Oversee the day by day scheduling, log editing and TX producing functions of the Channels to ensure smooth and fault-free transmission.
- Staying abreast of global and local programming and movie trends.
- Lead teams of competent, dedicated staff members and inspire them to achieve performance excellence.
- Actively and constructively contribute to the wide range of business, strategic, managerial and leadership issues that the Division’s management team deals with on a daily basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
(Personal capabilities which are critical to the production of quality outputs)
- Extensive knowledge and passion for African content
- Excellent knowledge of Pay TV industry & Pay TV operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital content industry
- Strong financial background and financial management experience
- General management experience
- Project, product, services & market feasibility analysis skills
- Economic and Market research experience
- Strategic planning and consulting experience
- Minimum Qualification: A degree in related field, preferably with a post-graduate qualification
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Strategic thinking
- Strong analytical thinking
- Excellent Judgment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Calculated risk taking
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Investigative ability
- Quick response / bias for action
- Self confidence
If you wish to apply, please forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 4 December 2013.
Please note that if you have not received any feedback by 10 January 2014, your application has been unsuccessful.
Job Opening originally published on linkedin
About This Company
MSS Local Productions Nigeria Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary in the Multichoice group) seeks to appoint a dynamic and innovative individual who has a passion for Television to assume the position of Regional Director for West Africa: AfricaMagic reporting to the CEO. This position will be based at our offices in Lagos.
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19
- Senate ammends Police Act, okays four-year single tenure for IGP
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account
- Katsina spent N30 Million on amnesty for repentant bandits