Estimated Reading Time: <1
Fashion is fashion regardless of the gender. After last week’s article on women’s fashion trend our readers asked for a male version and seeing that I am here to indulge our reader, here we are! Here are some of the hot fashion trends for men:
CHECKS AND BOLD PLAIDS: These are set to become the major pattern trend for men in both 2013 and 2014. It is an essential part of any contemporary men wardrobe, this current trend caters to everybody. Smaller checks in muted tones are available to those who prefer a subtle and refined approach whilst louder, oversized checks are on offer for those who tend to be a bit more sartorially audacious. On again, off again with plaids seems to be in full swing. Try out these plaid inspirations.
CAMEL: Striking yet versatile, camel and its shades is a colour that communicates luxury. Unlike cigarettes (colour) the hues has a timeless, classic air that instantly lifts any look you integrate it into. It is traditionally associated with power outer wear and this season it is prevalent on the runway as one of the key component of this seasons fashion trend. It can be paired with anything from denim, dress pants, t-shirts or button-ups.
MILITARY INSPIRED DRESSING: From traditional bright green and olive tones to deconstructed interpretations of the print, camouflage has officially travelled from the runway to the streets. The military trend is one that appears permanent and part of the reason can be attributed to its easily accessible fashion .Camouflage is carrying on through this season and is set to still be standing guard next spring/summer.
BURGUNDY: A carryover from the past few seasons this runway trend has been embraced in subtle ways, especially in statement making pieces. This dark berry hue when paired off with another complimentary colour looks great. Head to toe burgundy is a little hard to “pull of”. From blazers, trousers, shirts, shoes, bags, scarves and leather gloves. The list is endless to pull of this vibrant look. You can add it to yours too.
GEOMETRIC PRINTS: This is one trend that is highly repetitive and comes around every season. Most designers love to play with geometric prints in their line. Geometric prints look really good in shirts, sweaters, polo shirts and ties. These fits right into your casual collections.
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions