Estimated Reading Time: <1
A middle aged woman, Chinwe Chinasa, has been arrested for allegedly trafficking six young girls to Libya for prostitution.
The Ondo state Police command said Chinasa was arrested at the Olufoam area of Federal Housing Estate, Shagari Village in Akure following a tip off.
The Police command’s image maker, Wole Ogodo, said it was discovered that the six young girls had been prepared for the journey to Libya. Mr Wole revealed that part of the preparation was shaving of their hairs and cutting of their nails.
Some Nigerian international passports, cheque books of different banks and fake Naira notes were recovered from the suspected trafficker’s house.
The suspected trafficker, Chinasa said she picked four of the girls from a hotel in Asaba, Delta State.
Some of the girls confirmed that their the suspected trafficker had deceived their parents that she was going to help them look for jobs abroad and not prostitution.
Some of them said they were virgins before being recruited. They pleaded that the police should have mercy on them.
Mr Ogodo insists the suspects will be charged to court
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report