Estimated Reading Time: <1
A middle aged woman, Chinwe Chinasa, has been arrested for allegedly trafficking six young girls to Libya for prostitution.
The Ondo state Police command said Chinasa was arrested at the Olufoam area of Federal Housing Estate, Shagari Village in Akure following a tip off.
The Police command’s image maker, Wole Ogodo, said it was discovered that the six young girls had been prepared for the journey to Libya. Mr Wole revealed that part of the preparation was shaving of their hairs and cutting of their nails.
Some Nigerian international passports, cheque books of different banks and fake Naira notes were recovered from the suspected trafficker’s house.
The suspected trafficker, Chinasa said she picked four of the girls from a hotel in Asaba, Delta State.
Some of the girls confirmed that their the suspected trafficker had deceived their parents that she was going to help them look for jobs abroad and not prostitution.
Some of them said they were virgins before being recruited. They pleaded that the police should have mercy on them.
Mr Ogodo insists the suspects will be charged to court
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students