Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Jos, UNIJOS, Prof. Hayward Mafuyai, has said president Goodluck Jonathan has done well by looking into the problems of Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU), especially with the offer made.
Prof Mafuyi speaking to Newsmen over the weekend, appealed to the striking lecturers to call off the months old strike as continuing the strike will in no way help the situation.
Appealing to the Union, the Prof. said, “We should take what government has given and press forward for the good of all as no one can deny that this government has done what no government has done in regards to the welfare of ASUU”.
The Professor however, said the University of Jos has recorded various achievements, involved in phytomedicine researches for which it won a grant of $8,000,000 for the establishment of African Centre of Excellence sponsored by the World Bank.
The Professor said, UNIJOS has produced anti-diabetic product, anti-hypertensive product, anti-snake venom vaccine and contraceptive product which it wants patented and produced in a commercial quantity “to force the university research out of the shelf for the advancement of the country and the institution seeks for industries to partner.
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration
- 2.3 million Nigerians register for COVID-19 vaccine in less than 24 hours – NPHCDA
- Terrorists abduct over 50 in Niger State
- Anambra will not tolerate armed herders – Obiano
- Families sell property to pay N15million ransom to terrorist herders
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina