Estimated Reading Time: <1
A minimum of nine persons were feared dead on Friday in South South Bayelsa State following a violent clash between Agudama-Epie and Akenfa communities in Yenagoa Local Government Area as dozens were declared missing
SaharaReporters says that Nine corpses have been recovered while many others were said to have sustained various degrees of gun and machete injuries.
The clash has to do with a long standing land dispute between both communities. The recent clash was brought about by the presence on the site of some members of a committee which was set up to resolve the dispute; the presence eventually angered some of the youths.
“The committee went to the land today, but their presence on the land did not go down well with some youths.
The spokesman of Bayelsa Police Command, Alex Akhigbe confirmed the clash but could not disclose the number of casualties at the time.
He said the command had deployed policemen to the communities and that sanity has been restored, but no arrests have been made.
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”