Estimated Reading Time: <1
A minimum of nine persons were feared dead on Friday in South South Bayelsa State following a violent clash between Agudama-Epie and Akenfa communities in Yenagoa Local Government Area as dozens were declared missing
SaharaReporters says that Nine corpses have been recovered while many others were said to have sustained various degrees of gun and machete injuries.
The clash has to do with a long standing land dispute between both communities. The recent clash was brought about by the presence on the site of some members of a committee which was set up to resolve the dispute; the presence eventually angered some of the youths.
“The committee went to the land today, but their presence on the land did not go down well with some youths.
The spokesman of Bayelsa Police Command, Alex Akhigbe confirmed the clash but could not disclose the number of casualties at the time.
He said the command had deployed policemen to the communities and that sanity has been restored, but no arrests have been made.
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja
- Breaking: Edo State Government declares 24-hour curfew #EndSARS