Estimated Reading Time: <1
A minimum of nine persons were feared dead on Friday in South South Bayelsa State following a violent clash between Agudama-Epie and Akenfa communities in Yenagoa Local Government Area as dozens were declared missing
SaharaReporters says that Nine corpses have been recovered while many others were said to have sustained various degrees of gun and machete injuries.
The clash has to do with a long standing land dispute between both communities. The recent clash was brought about by the presence on the site of some members of a committee which was set up to resolve the dispute; the presence eventually angered some of the youths.
“The committee went to the land today, but their presence on the land did not go down well with some youths.
The spokesman of Bayelsa Police Command, Alex Akhigbe confirmed the clash but could not disclose the number of casualties at the time.
He said the command had deployed policemen to the communities and that sanity has been restored, but no arrests have been made.
- COVID-19: Federal Government cannot force anyone to take the vaccine – Sultan of Sokoto
- Wole Soyinka scolds National Assembly
- President Buhari has signed COVID-19 Regulations 2021; find the details here
- Amnesty International alleges continued police brutality
- NIMC suspends proposed strike
- Herdsmen crisis: Akeredolu begs Buhari for support
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled