Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Hadiza Saidu
Dark lipsticks are in! This vampy trend is certainly not for shrinking violets, its more dramatic than pretty much any other shade of lipstick. One of the reasons why we absolutely adore this trend is that anyone can wear it. From the fair skinned to the dark skinned, this lipstick is sure to glam up your outfit. Our favourite dark lipstick are the Riri Hearts Mac Talk that talk ,its retro matte texture makes it perfect for longer wear and Avon Ultra Color Vamp if you like your lipstick a bit glossy. To pull off this lip colour, make up should be kept minimal. Nude eyes with soft mascara will leave the lips as the main focus.
Here are tips on how to perfectly pull this hot trend:
- Buff: The first step is to buff the lips to avoid a flawed finishing. You can achieve this in the shower by using a lip scrub or the good old tooth brush to gently brush away any dry skin on the lips.
- Line: Use a dark lip liner to line the inner and outer rim of your lips to prevent lipstick bleeding.
- Paint: Fill in your lips with dark lipstick or you can apply with a lip brush to ensure control.
- Blot: After lipstick application, gently blot lips with tissue. Your lip colour will look a bit dull but don’t fret.
- Paint again: Re-apply your dark lipstick as done in step3 without blotting this time.
- Set: Lightly dust some powder (very little) or bronzer if you’d be wearing some over your lips. This is optional though. It’s awesome for a matte finishing.
So go ahead and experiment this vampy lip success on and off the runway either at day or at night.
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”