Flawless Guide To Wearing Dark Lipstick
By Hadiza Saidu
Dark lipsticks are in! This vampy trend is certainly not for shrinking violets, its more dramatic than pretty much any other shade of lipstick. One of the reasons why we absolutely adore this trend is that anyone can wear it. From the fair skinned to the dark skinned, this lipstick is sure to glam up your outfit. Our favourite dark lipstick are the Riri Hearts Mac Talk that talk ,its retro matte texture makes it perfect for longer wear and Avon Ultra Color Vamp if you like your lipstick a bit glossy. To pull off this lip colour, make up should be kept minimal. Nude eyes with soft mascara will leave the lips as the main focus.
Here are tips on how to perfectly pull this hot trend:
- Buff: The first step is to buff the lips to avoid a flawed finishing. You can achieve this in the shower by using a lip scrub or the good old tooth brush to gently brush away any dry skin on the lips.
- Line: Use a dark lip liner to line the inner and outer rim of your lips to prevent lipstick bleeding.
- Paint: Fill in your lips with dark lipstick or you can apply with a lip brush to ensure control.
- Blot: After lipstick application, gently blot lips with tissue. Your lip colour will look a bit dull but don’t fret.
- Paint again: Re-apply your dark lipstick as done in step3 without blotting this time.
- Set: Lightly dust some powder (very little) or bronzer if you’d be wearing some over your lips. This is optional though. It’s awesome for a matte finishing.
So go ahead and experiment this vampy lip success on and off the runway either at day or at night.
2013/11/21 at 6:10 pm
Thanks for this article, I am a dark coloured sister but will surely try the dark lipstick
2013/11/21 at 7:52 pm
Enlightening tips!Hope u do an article about how to achieve a nude look.
2013/11/23 at 8:53 pm
Yes will do that really soon. Thanks.
2013/11/22 at 9:55 pm
I always felt dark lipsticks wont look good on me, but with these steps i’ll definately give it a try.
2013/11/23 at 8:24 am
Wow!.I’ll definitely give this a try,I hope it looks good on me. Nice write up.
2013/12/01 at 1:08 pm
I will be trying the dark lipstick soon.. Nice blog.
bello shehu kontagora
2013/12/22 at 12:32 pm
Thanks for this insight, as a man I don’t know much about lipsticks more than the beauty it brings out of the natural glow on a woman’s face. But I’m following anyway, this way I can help HER look better, bolder & beautiful.