Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Hadiza Saidu
Dark lipsticks are in! This vampy trend is certainly not for shrinking violets, its more dramatic than pretty much any other shade of lipstick. One of the reasons why we absolutely adore this trend is that anyone can wear it. From the fair skinned to the dark skinned, this lipstick is sure to glam up your outfit. Our favourite dark lipstick are the Riri Hearts Mac Talk that talk ,its retro matte texture makes it perfect for longer wear and Avon Ultra Color Vamp if you like your lipstick a bit glossy. To pull off this lip colour, make up should be kept minimal. Nude eyes with soft mascara will leave the lips as the main focus.
Here are tips on how to perfectly pull this hot trend:
- Buff: The first step is to buff the lips to avoid a flawed finishing. You can achieve this in the shower by using a lip scrub or the good old tooth brush to gently brush away any dry skin on the lips.
- Line: Use a dark lip liner to line the inner and outer rim of your lips to prevent lipstick bleeding.
- Paint: Fill in your lips with dark lipstick or you can apply with a lip brush to ensure control.
- Blot: After lipstick application, gently blot lips with tissue. Your lip colour will look a bit dull but don’t fret.
- Paint again: Re-apply your dark lipstick as done in step3 without blotting this time.
- Set: Lightly dust some powder (very little) or bronzer if you’d be wearing some over your lips. This is optional though. It’s awesome for a matte finishing.
So go ahead and experiment this vampy lip success on and off the runway either at day or at night.
- Kwara cancels pension to ex-governors signed by Saraki in 2011
- Centre for Liberty demands immediate restoration of access to People‘s Gazette website
- Court orders forfeiture of millions found in Ex-Zamfara State account
- Primary school teachers in Bayelsa threaten strike
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu has died
- State Capture: Nigeria’s political parties and their associates are malicious – Cheta Nwanze
- Nigeria earned N1.53Trillion from VAT In 2020 – NBS report
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party