Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Black Stars of Ghana are through to next year’s World cup in Brazil. They bagged a third successive World Cup finals appearance despite a 2-1 defeat by Egypt.
The Ghanaian side came up tops over the Pharaohs of Egypt by a 7-3 aggregate scoreline. The Ghanaian side had won the first leg of the qualifier convincingly in Kumasi last month where they won 6-1.
Egypt won Ghana last night in Cairo with goals by Amr Zaki and Gedo. The goals were not enough to fly them to Brazil through. Kevin-Prince Boateng grabbed a goal for Ghana late in the game
Egypt has not been to the World Cup since Italia 1990 but have managed to be of great relevance in the African continent
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research