Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Black Stars of Ghana are through to next year’s World cup in Brazil. They bagged a third successive World Cup finals appearance despite a 2-1 defeat by Egypt.
The Ghanaian side came up tops over the Pharaohs of Egypt by a 7-3 aggregate scoreline. The Ghanaian side had won the first leg of the qualifier convincingly in Kumasi last month where they won 6-1.
Egypt won Ghana last night in Cairo with goals by Amr Zaki and Gedo. The goals were not enough to fly them to Brazil through. Kevin-Prince Boateng grabbed a goal for Ghana late in the game
Egypt has not been to the World Cup since Italia 1990 but have managed to be of great relevance in the African continent
- Uber, Bolt drivers in Lagos threaten to begin strike on Monday
- Photos: Royal Funeral for Prince Philip as he’s laid to rest at Windsor Castle
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office