Estimated Reading Time: <1
The outgoing Anambra state governor, Mr. Peter Obi, has donated the sum of 2.65 billion Naira for the establishment of an ICT based learning programme for public and mission schools in the state.
Laptops, generators and printing machines will also be donated to all the public and mission secondary schools in the state.
At the Women Development Center, Awka where the the distribution was flagged off with a cheque presentation of 2.65 billion Naira for the project, the Governor said the first batch of 520 power generators would be distributed to schools as a palliative for irregular power supply
25,000 laptops, 1,400 colour printers and other internet peripherals have been distributed so as to ensure success of the Microsoft Information Technology Academy in schools.
The state commissioner for education, Mrs. Uju Okeke, praised the governor for investing in the improvement of education through ICT as she emphasized the importance of the project
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai