Estimated Reading Time: <1
In a swift but shocking move, Abubakar Kawu Baraje has resigned as the Chairman of Nigeria Railway Corporation Governing Board.
Kawu Baraje who was suspended from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) few days ago made known his resignation through a letter to the Nigerian Government
In the letter, Baraje who is the leader of the New PDP breakaway faction said that the crisis in the ruling party which led to his suspension had dampened his belief in the present leadership of the party. He concluded by saying the development had also made his continued stay as the chairman of the board uncomfortable.
You will recall that Kawu Baraje was appointed as the chairman of the board in May 2013.
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%
- ‘Omo Ghetto (The Saga)’ replaces Wedding Party as highest grossing Nollywood movie
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari sacks service chiefs
- Sunday Igboho denies ever having anything to do with Senator Babafemi Ojudu
- Police say hoodlums loaded in a bus and taxi stormed the home of Sunday Igboho at 3 am
- Lagos State Government seals 10 properties in Ogudu GRA