Estimated Reading Time: <1
In a swift but shocking move, Abubakar Kawu Baraje has resigned as the Chairman of Nigeria Railway Corporation Governing Board.
Kawu Baraje who was suspended from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) few days ago made known his resignation through a letter to the Nigerian Government
In the letter, Baraje who is the leader of the New PDP breakaway faction said that the crisis in the ruling party which led to his suspension had dampened his belief in the present leadership of the party. He concluded by saying the development had also made his continued stay as the chairman of the board uncomfortable.
You will recall that Kawu Baraje was appointed as the chairman of the board in May 2013.
- Governor Ganduje of Kano begs FG to stop migration of herdsmen into Northern Nigeria
- In Ekiti, no more bail or plea bargaining for rape offenders – Governor Fayemi
- Meet the 23 year old gender activist kicking down the patriarchy in Borno
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844