Estimated Reading Time: <1
In a swift but shocking move, Abubakar Kawu Baraje has resigned as the Chairman of Nigeria Railway Corporation Governing Board.
Kawu Baraje who was suspended from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) few days ago made known his resignation through a letter to the Nigerian Government
In the letter, Baraje who is the leader of the New PDP breakaway faction said that the crisis in the ruling party which led to his suspension had dampened his belief in the present leadership of the party. He concluded by saying the development had also made his continued stay as the chairman of the board uncomfortable.
You will recall that Kawu Baraje was appointed as the chairman of the board in May 2013.
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability