Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Federal High Court in Abuja has convicted former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) spokesman, Olisa Metuh for receiving N400m from former National Security Adviser, retired Col. Sambo Dasuki.
Justice Okon Abang on Tuesday held that Metuh could not prove that the money was approved by former President Goodluck Jonathan for the 2015 general elections.
He added that Metuh could not prove that he was not aware of the transfer from the ONSA to his bank account Metuh and his company, Destra Investment Ltd were in 2016 charged on seven counts of money laundering by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission after he allegedly received the sum of N400m from the former NSA, Sambo Dasuki.
Justice Okon Abang had fixed today for judgement after listening to the final written addresses of the parties in the matter.
- NCDC confirms 14 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Enahoro, Ali Get Presidential Pardon… 2,600 Inmates Freed
- Pharmacist Arrested For Raping A 12 Year Old Boy
- Court ask Naira Marley to shoot a video against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic – The Singer had said he didn’t believe in the virus
- COVID-19: US Government repatriates 997 Citizens from Nigeria
- Just In: Lagos discharges seven COVID-19 patients
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Buhari grants presidential pardon, clemency to prison inmates over COVID-19
- Coronavirus may be “reactivating” in people who have been cured of the illness, according to Korea’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 90 Percent Of COVID-19 Patients Recover Without Medical Intervention – NCDC Boss
- “Inmates Will Die Like Chickens if Coronavirus Gets into Prison in Nigeria” — Lamboginny