Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Federal High Court in Abuja has convicted former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) spokesman, Olisa Metuh for receiving N400m from former National Security Adviser, retired Col. Sambo Dasuki.
Justice Okon Abang on Tuesday held that Metuh could not prove that the money was approved by former President Goodluck Jonathan for the 2015 general elections.
He added that Metuh could not prove that he was not aware of the transfer from the ONSA to his bank account Metuh and his company, Destra Investment Ltd were in 2016 charged on seven counts of money laundering by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission after he allegedly received the sum of N400m from the former NSA, Sambo Dasuki.
Justice Okon Abang had fixed today for judgement after listening to the final written addresses of the parties in the matter.
- Olabode George says AlphaBeta earns around N7.5bn ($19 million) monthly
- In Zamfara, 21 killed by bandits
- Protesters killed 22 officers, destroyed 205 Stations – Nigerian Police lie about #EndSARS
- Ndoma-Egba tells hoodlums who broke into his house to return the robes of his late father who was a judge
- Lagos lawmaker says most young Nigerians are high on drugs in reaction to #EndSARS protest
- Cross River primary health care boss decries destruction of health centers
- Nigeria will ensure Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala emerges WTO DG; Federal Government vows
- Lagos Lawmaker says hoodlums hijacked #EndSARS protests because protesters gave them food
- Buhari says Nigeria’s economy too fragile for COVID-19 lockdown
- CBN releases guidelines for N75 billion youth investment fund