Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Federal High Court in Abuja has convicted former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) spokesman, Olisa Metuh for receiving N400m from former National Security Adviser, retired Col. Sambo Dasuki.
Justice Okon Abang on Tuesday held that Metuh could not prove that the money was approved by former President Goodluck Jonathan for the 2015 general elections.
He added that Metuh could not prove that he was not aware of the transfer from the ONSA to his bank account Metuh and his company, Destra Investment Ltd were in 2016 charged on seven counts of money laundering by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission after he allegedly received the sum of N400m from the former NSA, Sambo Dasuki.
Justice Okon Abang had fixed today for judgement after listening to the final written addresses of the parties in the matter.
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention
- Breaking: APC governors converge in Abuja for crucial meeting on Obaseki
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria