Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Federal High Court in Abuja has convicted former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) spokesman, Olisa Metuh for receiving N400m from former National Security Adviser, retired Col. Sambo Dasuki.
Justice Okon Abang on Tuesday held that Metuh could not prove that the money was approved by former President Goodluck Jonathan for the 2015 general elections.
He added that Metuh could not prove that he was not aware of the transfer from the ONSA to his bank account Metuh and his company, Destra Investment Ltd were in 2016 charged on seven counts of money laundering by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission after he allegedly received the sum of N400m from the former NSA, Sambo Dasuki.
Justice Okon Abang had fixed today for judgement after listening to the final written addresses of the parties in the matter.
- Reps summon finance minister, predecessor over N1.7 trillion
- Federal civil servants on grade level 12 and above to resume full work hours
- Court fines Naira Marley N200,000 for violating COVID-19 restrictions
- NLC gives Air Peace, Turkish Airlines and Bristow Helicopters 2 weeks to reinstate sacked pilots
- Med-view is selling two Aircrafts to settle debt
- Ahead of Edo elections, Buhari meets Ize-Iyamu, Buni, Ganduje in Aso Rock
- Edo PDP members stage protest at state assembly complex
- Kebbi state will refund all Hajj deposits
- Commercial banks owe Telcos N17 Billion for USSD transactions – NCC
- UAE refutes reports of travel ban on Nigerians