Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo (SAN), has noted that Nigeria is blessed with all the human resources needed to solve most of her problems.
The Vice President who stated this when he received a delegation from the West African College of Surgeons (WACS), in his office in the Presidential Villa, said the fact that Nigerians, home and abroad, have been identified with impressive performances and achievements.
According to a statement issued by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande, the Vice President, speaking after listening to a brief on the achievements of the WACS, the VP said “I am glad to hear the good things that have been done by the college through the years.
“I believe that a lot of our problems, some of the aids that we need, can be provided by ourselves. We have the resources including human capacity to do it.” He thanked the delegation for the visit, assuring the College of the Federal Government’s continued support.
The delegation led by Prof. Ibrahim Yakasai, mni, was at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa to brief the Vice President about the activities of the College including its planned 60th Annual General Meeting and Scientific Conference scheduled for Abuja. Yakasai is the Local Organising Committee chairman.
Earlier in his remarks, the immediate past President of the College, Prof. King-David Yawe highlighted some of the achievements of WACS especially with regards to free medical outreaches to several Nigerian communities.
He said while working with the Presidential Committee on North East (PCNE), the College has conducted 9, 000 surgeries on 49,000 patients in the Northeast with the insurgency in the region, adding that the body was currently conducting free medical outreaches in 14 hospitals across the FCT, some North Central States and Maiduguri.
- Enforced COVID-19 Donations May Betray Ugly Truth About Nigerian Government’s Crisis Handling
- Breaking: 15-man Chinese Medical Team of Doctors arrive in Nigeria
- Just In: Bernie Sanders Drops Out of US Presidential Race
- Breaking: Federal Government of Nigeria slashes 2020 budget
- Just In: 27 Quarantined In Niger State Over Coronavirus
- Breaking: Office of the Accountant General of the Federation on Fire
- Lagos Govt withdraws charges against Naira Marley & former Guber aspirant who attended Funke Akindele’s Party
- Breaking: Nigeria Records Another COVID-19 Death
- Katsina Relaxes Social Distancing Rules; Lifts Ban On Friday Prayers
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct