Estimated Reading Time: <1
The disputed National Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff, has said the national leadership of the party was concerned about issues arising from the election.
Modu Sheriff, said he was not in support of Thursday’s rejection of the yet-to-be-declared result of Wednesday’s governorship election in Edo.
He called for restraint from PDP members and supporters.
Speaking on behalf of Sheriff, Deputy National Chairman of his faction of the party, Dr Cairo Ojougboh, said that the PDP “will await the final announcement of the result, consult widely before making our decision public”.
Earlier, the PDP in Edo, at a news conference in Benin, announced its rejection of the result of the governorship poll.
At the time of the news conference, collation of results of the election was ongoing at INEC secretariat in Benin.
Chairman of the party in the state, Chief Dan Orbih, who addressed the media, alleged that the outcome of the exercise had been predetermined by the ruling All Progressives Congress.
The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr Dayo Adeyeye, had in a statement in Abuja on Wednesday warned that the party would reject the result of the government poll if the antics of APC continued.
He accused the Edo Government of sponsoring massive irregularities in the election.
- NCDC confirms 14 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: Enahoro, Ali Get Presidential Pardon… 2,600 Inmates Freed
- Pharmacist Arrested For Raping A 12 Year Old Boy
- Court ask Naira Marley to shoot a video against the spread of COVID-19 pandemic – The Singer had said he didn’t believe in the virus
- COVID-19: US Government repatriates 997 Citizens from Nigeria
- Just In: Lagos discharges seven COVID-19 patients
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Buhari grants presidential pardon, clemency to prison inmates over COVID-19
- Coronavirus may be “reactivating” in people who have been cured of the illness, according to Korea’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 90 Percent Of COVID-19 Patients Recover Without Medical Intervention – NCDC Boss
- “Inmates Will Die Like Chickens if Coronavirus Gets into Prison in Nigeria” — Lamboginny