Estimated Reading Time: <1
An Afenifere Chieftain has described the attack on Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos, by some elements within the ruling party, the All Progressive Congress, APC as an indirect attack on all of Yorubaland.
Chief Ayo Adebanjo said this on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 during an interview with the Daily Independent newspaper.
The Afenifere chieftain expressed that the gang up against Bola Tinubu was a strategy to divide and create confusion among Yoruba in order to give the North total control of the party.
Chief Adebanjo said although he and Tinubu have their differences but now is not the right time to mock him.
“People are expecting me to mock Tinubu and say God has dealt with him over the manner he treated me and other Yoruba leaders but I won’t do that because what is after six is more than seven”.
“Attack on Tinubu is not directly at him but an attack on Yorubaland. I am not short-sighted. They want to break us up and cause division so that they can take over.
“He (Tinubu) has made his mistake and I hope he has learnt from it”.
Adebajo noted that he cautioned Tinubu not to form the alliance that gave birth to APC but he (Tinubu) ignored his warning.
“When he went into the alliance, I warned him that they are a conglomeration of incompatibles but they chose to ignore. But I strongly believe that the gang up against him is a ploy to divide the Yorubaland so that these Northerners can take over. I can see that and nobody can convince me about that”
“Tinubu may have his fault but he has not been treated well by his party” he said.
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say
- Osun Govt begins house-to-house search for stolen items