Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Democratic Coalition has condemned the actions of the five Peoples Democratic Party governors who defected to the All Progressives Congress, saying their action was overheating the polity.
The coalition called on Nigerians to “sanction these men by disgracing them at the poll by handing them the red card of defeat.”
NADECO said, “It is on this note that we renew the call on Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers State), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano), Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara) and Magatakarda Wamakko (Sokoto) to do the needful by returning the mandate they stole from the electorate.”
PUNCH Newspaper reports that the National President of NADECO, Philip Agbese, who spoke in Abuja, said the defected governors had placed themselves, not just above the extant laws of their own states, but also above the constitution and the pronouncements of law courts.
Agbese said the coalition was against the governors for allegedly destabilising the polity.
He said, “These men embarked on the illegality on securing mandates from one political party and delivering the same party to another political party without recourse to the majority of the electorates in their states who braved the odds and the elements to vote them into power.”
- Lockdown: Wike Orders Arrest Of Two Pilots For Violating Border Closure Rules
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct
- Africa Faces Massive Job Cuts In The Energy Sector – AEC
- #COVID19: EU to Help Africa With €15 Billion
- Poor People Are Not Sufficiently Captured By SIP – Senate President
- Keep your Smartphone Corona-Free: Kaspersky Shares Top Tips
- COVID-19: Customs Boss Approves Release Of Rice, Other Items Worth N3.2bn For Distribution
- “I am ready to set aside my immunity” – Governor Wike reveals those making Rivers state Vulnerable to Coronavirus
- Breaking: Nigeria records 16 new cases of Coronavirus, total infections now 254
- Nigerian Doctor Dies From Corona Virus