Estimated Reading Time: <1
The management of Jaiz Bank in a statement has said their attention has been drawn to a recent SMS indicating that you can open a Jaiz Bank account with another Bank.
The statement issued reads, “We want to use this medium to appeal, to disregard such message as it is unthinkable to believe that you can open another bank’s account in another, other than the Bank itself. It is absolutely ridiculous, misleading and devoid of any sensible reasoning.”
It says, Jaiz Bank Plc. obtained a Regional operating license to operate as an Islamic Bank from the Central Bank of Nigeria on the 11th of November 2011 and began full operations as the first Non-Interest Bank in Nigeria on the 6th of January, 2012 with 3 branches located in Abuja FCT, Kaduna and Kano.
As at today, the Bank has 14 branches spread across its area of operation. We are currently in the process of finalizing our application for a National License with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). This will enable us operate in all the states of the Federation.
The Bank’s fundamentals are strong. It started in 2012 with capital base of N5billion which had since increased to N11.7billion well above the amount required for a specialized Bank National license.
Currently, the Jaiz Bank Plc is the only full-fledged Non- Interest Bank in Nigeria.
“Our vision is to be the dominant non-interest financial service provider in sub-Saharan Africa. We intend to achieve this by providing innovative, value-added, non-interest financial services to our clientele by employing the best people, supported by technology. That is our goal and we strongly believe that with your support and God, we will definitely achieve this objective. The potentials for Non-Interest Islamic Finance are enormous.” Statement concluded.
- Lagos witnessing rise in local transmission of Coronavirus cases since border closure – searching for 2,645 passengers
- Kaduna state Government searching and tracing of 119 contacts of the 5 positive cases recorded
- Breaking: Singer, Naira Marley Arrested and now in custody, Say Lagos state Police Command
- Funke Akindele Bello and husband have been sentenced
- Breaking: Buhari approves withdrawal of $150m from Sovereign Wealth Fund
- Actress, Funke Akindele, and Husband plead guilty, await court’s verdict
- Breaking: Police take Funke Akindele, husband, JJC Skillz, to court for flouting the lockdown order
- “We Have A Bigger Problem Than COVID-19, Which Is Hunger.”- Borno Governor
- 3 Nigerians die of Coronavirus in the US
- “No state should be seen as more important than any other” – Governor Wike thinks FG is playing politics with Coronavirus