The Police Service Commission in conjunction with the Nigeria Police Force has announced the beginning of recruitment of interested and qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the force as constable (recruits).
The bulletin further indicates that prospective applicants are required to complete the online application forms and submit them within the specified period via www.apply.policerecruitment.gov.ng. The portal is open to both male and female.
1. Applicants are expected to be of Nigerian origin by birth
2. Possess the National Identification Number
3. Possess a minimum of four credits in not more than two sittings one WASSCE/SSCE or its equivalent with credit in English and Mathematics.
4. The age of applicants must be between 18-25 years, they must be medically, physically, and psychologically fit, and must not be less than 1.67m tall for male and 1.64m tall for female.
5. Female applicants must not be pregnant at the time of entry; applicants must have a valid email address and phone number and SSCE statements of results or certificates relating to examinations taken before 2014 will not be accepted.
Also, it was stated that the invitation of applicants will be only for those who meet the online registration requirements for the automated physical screening exercise, which will be conducted nationwide, on a date to be communicated later.
How to apply
1. Visit www.apply.policerecruitment.gov.ng with NIN, email, and phone number.
2. Fill out the application form
3. Upload your O’level results, Birth, and Certificate of Origin
4. Print the completed online form, guarantor form and submit same at the physical or credential screening exercise.