Senator Oluremi Tinubu, a former First Lady of Lagos State and current first lady of Nigeria.
She was born on September 21, 1960 and clocked 63 years old on September 21, 2023.
Here are ten(10) things you may not know about the first lady of Nigeria:
- Oluremi Tinubu is an academician, pastor, philanthropist, and politician.
- Prior to becoming the first lady, she served as the Senator representing Lagos Central Senatorial District at the Nigerian National Assembly.
- Oluremi Tinubu is also an ordained pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
- Oluremi attended Our Lady of the Apostles College for her secondary education before proceeding to Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo, to obtain a National Certificate in Education (NCE).
- She then headed to the University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, to acquire a degree in Biology Education.
- Oluremi holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Theology(PGD) from the Redeemed Bible College, Ogun State.
- Oluremi started as a high school teacher before venturing fully into politics.
- She was elected into the National assembly in 2011 in a controversial election challenged at the Legislative House Election Petition Tribunal. She got cleared and the election was upheld in 2012.
- In 2021, Oluremi proposed a bill to revitalise the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) to revive its viability.
- She is married to Senator Bola Tinubu. Their marriage has lasted for 36 years.
The information in this article was curated from online sources. NewsWireNGR or its editorial team cannot independently verify all details.
Always visit NewsWireNGR for the latest Naija news and updated Naija breaking news.
Send Us A Press Statement/News Tips on 9ja Happenings: [email protected].
Advertise With Us: [email protected]