August 30 – Gabon
On August 30, 2023, Army officers appeared on national television in Gabon to say they had taken power.
They said they were annulling the results of the election, in which President Ali Bongo was declared the winner.
The electoral commission said Mr Bongo had won just under two-thirds of the votes in an election the opposition argued was fraudulent.
His overthrow would end his family’s 53-year hold on power in Gabon.
July 26 – Niger
Men in military fatigues took over power in Niger after members of the presidential guard reportedly seized President Mohamed Bazoum on July 26, 2023.
April 15 – Failed Sudan Coup
- September 30 – Burkina Faso
- February 1 – Failed Guinea-Bissau Coup
- January 24 – Burkina Faso
- October 25 – Sudan
- September 21 – Failed Sudan Coup
- September 5 – Guinea
- May 24 – Mali
- April 20 – Chad Covert Coup
- August 18 – Mali Coup
- March 31 – Failed Niger Coup
- April 11 – Sudan
- January 7 – Failed Gabon Coup
- December 2017 – failed Equatorial Guinea Coup
- November 14 – Zimbabwe Guardian Coup
- May 13, 2015 – failed Burundi Coup
The information in this article was curated from online sources. NewsWireNGR or its editorial team cannot independently verify all details.
Always visit NewsWireNGR for the latest Naija news and updated Naija breaking news.
Send Us A Press Statement/News Tips on 9ja Happenings: [email protected].
Advertise With Us: [email protected]