- Rema’s real name is Divine Ikubor. He was born on May 1, 2000, in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
- Rema was discovered by music producer and talent scout Don Jazzy, who signed him to his record label Mavin Records in 2019.
- Rema’s first EP, titled “Rema,” was released in March 2019 and features four tracks: “Iron Man,” “Dumebi,” “Why,” and “Corny.”
- Rema won the Next Rated award at the 2019 Headies Awards, beating out other rising Nigerian musicians like Joeboy, Fireboy DML, and Lyta.
- In 2020, Rema was featured on former US President Barack Obama’s annual summer playlist, alongside other international artists like Beyonce, Megan Thee Stallion, and J. Cole.
- Rema has cited Nigerian music legend Fela Kuti and American rapper 50 Cent as some of his biggest musical influences.
- Rema has collaborated with other Nigerian musicians like D’Prince, Korede Bello, and Crayon.
- Rema has a unique fashion sense, often wearing bright colors and bold prints. He has also been known to wear his hair in a variety of styles, including dreadlocks and braids.
- Rema has performed at major music festivals and events in Nigeria, including the BBNaija Season 4 finale and the Homecoming concert in Lagos.
- Rema is a philanthropist and has been involved in various charitable initiatives, including providing relief to people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in Nigeria. He also launched a scholarship program in 2020 to support students in Edo State, his home state.
The information in this article was curated from online sources. NewsWireNGR or its editorial team cannot independently verify all details.
Always visit NewsWireNGR for the latest Naija news and updated Naija breaking news.
Send Us A Press Statement/News Tips on 9ja Happenings: [email protected].
Advertise With Us: [email protected]