Steps To Get A Nigerian International Passport Online 2022
A Nigerian international passport is required to leave Nigeria for work, play, study, or relocate to another country. The Nigerian Federal Government received up to 39 billion naira in revenue from foreign passport applications in 2018.
Since most registrations can now be completed online, applying for a Nigerian international passport has gotten easier. For information on how to apply, keep reading.
Things to consider before applying for an international Nigerian passport
With a Nigerian passport, you can visit some nations without a visa. To travel to some other nations, you might require a visa from the host nation.
Typically, it is categorized by pages (32 and 64) and type (standard and official). Citizens who rarely travel abroad are given a 32-page passport.
On the other hand, if your job or business requires you to travel abroad on several business trips each year, you can apply for a passport with 64 pages.
As a tourist, you can also need a passport with 64 pages so you can stop having to renew your passport so frequently.
The Nigerian Immigration Services (NIS) offers two different types of e-passports: the “Standard” and the “Official.” Each one is intended for a particular kind of travel.
For all citizens of Nigeria, standard e-passports (with a green cover) are available.
Meanwhile, only Nigerian diplomats and government officials are given official e-passports (with a blue cover).
When applying for a Nigerian passport, physical submission at NIS offices used to be the preferred method.
However, you can now begin the processing of your Nigerian passport online. If you’re a Nigerian citizen who lives abroad, you can apply for a passport online rather than visiting a Nigerian consulate.
How Much Does It Cost To Get an international passport in Nigeria?
Keep in mind that you must pay for your Nigerian passport in advance and online. Dollars or Nigerian naira may be used for payment.
Depending on the applicant’s age and preferred passport booklet, getting a Nigerian international passport costs different amounts.
NIS lists the following 2022 costs for a brand-new international passport for citizens of Nigeria on their website’s passport guidelines page:
The official NIS-revealed prices for various Nigerian passport variants are listed below:
32 pages passport booklet
- Minor (0 to 17 years old) – 8,750
- Adult (18 to 59 years old) -N 15,000
- Senior (60 and above) – N 8,750
64 pages passport booklet
- Minor (0 to 17 years old) – N20,000
- Adult (18 to 59 years old) – N20,000
- Senior (60 and above) – N20,000
This pricelist is, however subject to review at any time by the NIS.
What Do You Need To Get A Nigerian International Passport?
Some specific documents are required for submission when applying for your international passport. They are listed below
For Standard passport, you need:
- Proof of identity from your local government.
- Age verification or a birth certificate
- A pair of recent, two-month-old, passport-size coloured photographs.
- A guarantor’s formal oath administered before a commissioner of oaths, magistrate, or high court judge
- Underage students must have written authorization from their parents.
- Legal proof of marriage, if necessary
- Police report – if passport was stolen
For Official passport, you need:
- An introduction letter from the relevant State or Federal government ministry or organization
- Legal proof of marriage, if necessary
- A police report is required if your passport was stolen or lost.
- A copy of the letter of appointment or promotion letter from your most recent or previous employer.
After completing your online application for a Nigerian passport, you must pick up a physical copy of your passport from the passport office in your area.
How Can You Apply For a Nigerian international passport Online?
Follow the procedure below to apply for a Nigeria passport online.
Visit the Nigerian Immigration Services website. Click here to access it
On the website, do the following:
- Pick your passport type: Simply select either “Standard e-Passport” OR “Official e-Passport,” and then “Start Application.”
- Pick a nation where the processing will take place: This is where you prefer to collect your passport booklet.
- Fill out the application: After checking the box that says “I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM,” click the “PRINT” button to print your application.
- Upload documents: You can now upload scanned copies of your required documents. Scan the specified documents, then upload them as PDF files.
- Proceed to the online payment page: Select the desired currency you’re paying with by clicking the “Pay in Naira” or “Pay in Dollars” button. After paying, click the submit button.
- Identification number: Your application will be assigned a unique identifier and a reference number. Once you’ve paid and gotten a “Validation Number,” you can verify it on the NIS website.
- Guarantor form: After printing, obtain a notarized copy of the Guarantor’s form. Please enter your passport application ID and reference number, and then click submit to upload it or continue.
- Biometrics and image capturing: You must visit an immigration office designated for you after submitting your online application to have your photos and biometrics taken.
How long does it take to get a Nigerian international passport after applying online?
After collecting your biometric information, a new passport online application typically takes about 48 hours to process. It is better to register early ahead of the time you need it as it takes months to process on some occasion.
The information in this article was curated from online sources. NewsWireNGR or its editorial team cannot independently verify all details.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for Live and Entertaining Updates.
Always visit NewsWireNGR for the latest Naija news and updated Naija breaking news.
NewsWireNGRLatest News in Nigeria
Send Us A Press Statement/News Tips on 9ja Happenings: [email protected].
Advertise With Us: [email protected]