Terror Alert: US Embassy orders departure of employees’ family members from Abuja

Date:

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

The United States Embassy has updated its security alert issued earlier this week on the elevated risk of terror attacks in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.

Earlier, the Embassy authorized the “departure of non-emergency U.S. government employees and family members from Abuja due to heightened risk of terrorist attacks.”

Meanwhile, in the update of its travel advisory, “the Department ordered the departure of family members of U.S. government employees from Abuja due to heightened risk of terrorist attacks”.

The development came as one of the biggest malls in the territory, the Jabi Lake Mall shut down operations in what its management said is to protect staff and customers in the wake of a recent security advisory issued by some embassies.

Also, most primary schools in the territory have announced a mid-term break.

A short message from the commercial enterprise reads; “Jabi Lake Mall will be closed today, Thursday, 27 October 2022. This decision has been taken in the overall interest of the safety of all staff and customers of the mall.

“Centre Management is committed to minimising any disruptions; however, the safety of our staff and shoppers remains our highest priority.

“Management is constantly reviewing the security situation in consultation with relevant security authorities and will inform you when the mall will be re-opened.

“We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to provide you with a quality shopping experience soon”.

Meanwhile, Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has said that the Federal Government won’t be stampeded by the terror advisories released by the governments of the United States and the United Kingdom.

According to him, Nigeria will not be stampeded by whatever any government decides to tell its people living in Abuja and parts of the country.

He made this known on Wednesday during a briefing after the Federal Executive Council meeting chaired by the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

Mohammed declared that the US acted within her rights to advise her citizens to go home but Nigeria won’t be stampeded by such warning or action.

He underscored that the government has in the last few months taken a firm handle of security, urging citizens to avoid liking or sharing materials that could incite panic.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Things You Need to Know About eSIM

By Balogun Kamilu Lekan Three(Airtel, MTN and 9Mobile) of the...

10 most expensive cars in the world — One will buy 300 Rolls-Royces

Cars are not only designed for transportation; they are...

Beverly Osu: Biography, Education, Career, Marriage, Net Worth, Achievements and Controversy

Biography Beverly Ada Mary Osu, fondly called Beverly Osu, is...

FCT Minister, Mohammed Bello, says one of the most challenging assignments of his job is land matters

The Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Mohammed Bello, says one...