Bill Gates (full name William Henry Gates III) is one of the top 10 influential and richest persons in the world. He is seen as a role model to several individuals in various age groups, especially when it comes to business-related ideas.
Bill founded Microsoft on April 4, 1975, along with Paul Allen. Gates led the company as chairman and CEO until stepping down as CEO in January 2000, succeeded by Steve Ballmer, but he remained chairman of the board of directors and became chief software architect.
Despite being known by all and sundry, you probably may not be aware of some things about Bill Gates.
Who is Bill Gates?
Bill Gates is an American billionaire who is the founder of Microsoft as well as a philanthropist. As a young child, he attended one of the few schools which had a computer at that time, Lakeside Prep School,
This allowed him to write his first computer program on General Electric Computer and gain massive insight into computer technology.
Let us look at 10 weird things you may not know about Bill Gates
He is a University Drop-out
While you may have expected that he had possibly the best result in his university days, Bill Gates is a University Dropout.
He started schooling at Harvard University and dropped out not because he was not serious, but because he had a goal and vision to achieve.
Bill Gates Speaks only in His Native Language
As a philanthropist and a CEO of international recognition, you may expect that he is multilingual. However, he only speaks his native language, which is English.
If Microsoft did not work well, he could have become an artificial intelligence researcher.
As a software developer, Bill Gates had a keen interest in artificial intelligence. He once said that he could have been an artificial intelligence researcher if his business, Microsoft did not work well.
His Children only get a portion of his wealth
Everyone desires to be the child of a rich man. You would have expected that his three children would inherit over 80 Billion US dollars. However, in an interview, he said they only get to inherit 10 million US Dollars each.
- Bill Gates had an excellent SAT score of 1590 out of 1600.
- Bill Gates said that he would give out 95% of his wealth to charity concerning his philanthropic ideas.
- Despite being a university dropout, he has received multiple honorary awards from various universities, one of which is from Harvard University in 2007.
- Bill Gates met with his wife, Melinda French, at a dinner event. Melinda had just been employed as a Product Marketing Manager at Microsoft. At the time of their marriage, Gates was given permission by Melinda to spend limited time with his ex-girlfriend, businesswoman Ann Winblad. On May 3, 2021, the Gateses announced they had decided to divorce after 27 years of marriage and 34 years as a couple.
- There was a massive scale-up in his wealth as well as those of others in the tech business during the dot-com success in the 90s.
- Bill Gates is known to make certain wrong predictions, even though he is a business strategist.
The information in this article was curated from online sources. All details cannot be independently verified by NewsWireNGR or its editorial team.
Always visit NewsWireNGR for latest naija news and updated naija breaking news.
Send Us A Press Statement/News Tips on 9ja Happenings: [email protected]
Advertise With Us: [email protected]