Connect with us


Watch as Two-storey building catches fire in Lagos



A two-storey building in the Ajao Estate area of Lagos State caught fire on Monday night.

Eyewitnesses claim that the fire started from sparks from meters of the 24-unit single room two-storey building on Cobham Street, Ajao Estate.

As of the time of publishing, the fire had been put out through the efforts of the residents and their neighbours.


Meanwhile, in Oyo, Traders at the popular Bodija Market in Ibadan, Oyo State, have started counting their losses after fire gutted a section of the market on Monday.

Some traders said they lost goods worth millions of naira to the early morning inferno.

While the cause of the fire could not be immediately ascertained, it was gathered that it was put out by firefighters, traders and security guards at the market.

The Director of Operations, Oyo State Fire Service, Mr Ismail Adeleke, said the fire had been put out.

He said, “We received a call around 5.35am and we moved to the market and put out the fire immediately.

“There was no loss of life and nobody was injured in the incident. We were informed late. We didn’t receive any call from the people in the market; a policeman in the Yemetu area called and we responded swiftly.”

Adeleke advised residents to always put safety measures in place to prevent fire incidents and always call the agency in the event of any fire.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *