A man identified as Debo Guntoye has suffered an electric shock while engaging in an illegal connection in Badagry, Lagos state and was lucky to survive.
Guntoye, alleged to be a member of staff of EKEDC, survived electric shock while connecting some houses to the pole in Sowhe quarters along General Hospital Road in Badagry.
He was rushed to a General Hospital in Badagry where he was said to be responding to treatment.
The General Manager of Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC), odwin Idemudia, however, said that the middle-aged man was not a member of staff of EKEDC.
“We have no staff member by the name Debo Guntoye and no one seems to know anything about him in our Badagry station.
“I think this is one of the illegal connections that we are condemning.
“The activities of these vandals are really affecting power supply to some of our customers in Lagos,” he said.
Idemudia, however, urged their customers to desist from illegal connections and report any disconnection or electrical fault to the nearest business unit within their areas.
“Our customers should make use of our whistleblowing number and platform.
”Aside from that, they should always be vigilant at all times to report to the nearest EKEDC office or police stations around them any disruption of electricity supply to their areas. All hands must be on deck,” he said.
Always visit NewsWireNGR for latest naija news and updated naija breaking news.
Send Us A Press Statement/News Tips on 9ja Happenings: [email protected]
Advertise With Us: [email protected]