Good day, good citizens of Nigeria. Here are headlines from Nigerian Newspapers that may interest you today, Friday, April 22, 2022.
1. Pardoning thieves will not hamper the federal Government’s anti-corruption war – Presidency [NewsWireNGR]
The presidency on Wednesday said the recent pardon of two former governors, serving long jail terms and other convicts will not hamper the Federal Government’s anti-corruption war.
Last week, the Council of State, chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari met and meeting last week and cleared ex-Plateau State governor, Joshua Dariye, and his Taraba State counterpart, Jolly Nyame, alongside 157 others convicted for various offences. Read more.
2. OAU declares professor that sexually assaulted a female student in his office “prima facie liable” [NewsWireNGR]
Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, has revealed that following the sex scandal involving a professor and a student of the institution, Professor Joseph Ayo Opefeyitimi, has been found prima facie liable. Read more.
3. A 23-year-old mother of two gruesomely killed by her husband, her abdomen ripped open and her intestine cut [NewsWireNGR]
A 23-year-old mother of two identified as Mercy Samuel has been allegedly killed by her husband, Samuel Mathew, in Jos, Plateau State.
The deceased was said to be living with her husband along the Vom road in Jos South local government area of Plateau State when the incident happened. Read more.
4. LASTMA official dies after being run over by errant driver in escape bid [NewsWireNGR]
The General Manager, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Mr Bolaji Oreagba, has confirmed the death of one of his officials, Jamiu Issa.
The late Issa was knocked down and ran over by a driver who had driven against the flow of traffic in the Lekki area of the state while trying to escape arrest. Read more.
5. ‘No Phones Allowed’ as Aisha Buhari invites Osinbajo, Wike, Atiku other presidential aspirants to Iftar [NewsWireNGR]
Aisha Buhari, the wife of Nigeria’s president, Muhammadu Buhari, has invited presidential aspirants to Iftar scheduled for Saturday.
However, the party comes with a condition, ”no phones allowed” and only invitation cards will be used as entry pass.
Among the invited were Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Wike, and former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar. Read more.
Always visit NewsWireNGR for latest naija news and updated naija breaking news.
Send Us A Press Statement/News Tips on 9ja Happenings: [email protected]
Advertise With Us: [email protected]