Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, has said that the Federal Government is not interested in naming and shaming sponsors of terrorism.
According to Adesina, who spoke during an interview on Channels Television on Monday, the government is investing its energy in ensuring those found guilty face judgement.
Recall that last week, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) included 6 Nigerians in a 38-man terrorism financiers list.
The Nigerians who made the list are: Abdurrahaman Ado Musa, Salihu Yusuf Adamu, Bashir Ali Yusuf, Muhammed Ibrahim Isa, Ibrahim Ali Alhassan and Surajo Abubakar Muhammad.
And they were in 2019 convicted by an Abu Dhabi Federal Court of Appeal in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for funding Boko Haram through Dubai.
Speaking when quizzed on the Federal Government’s reaction to the list, Adesina said, “Naming and shaming will not be the motive. Naming and shaming won’t be the motive. Rather, bringing malefactors to justice would be it. Nigeria is not interested in naming and shaming anybody. Rather, it wants to bring them to justice.
“You see that the UAE had released some names and the AGF has responded saying that in due course, all these people will have their days in court. Rest assured that justice will have its way”.
He further disclosed that investigation on the issue is underway at different levels.
“Investigations are going on at different levels. It could be at the level of EFCC; it could be at the level of the National Intelligence Agency. Different security agencies would be working on it so that when those people eventually appear in court, there will be what the lawyers call a prima facie case against them.” he said.