President Muhammadu Buhari’s daughter, Zahra Buhari-Indimi, is married to Ahmed Indimi, the son of Alhaji Mohamed Indimi, who is a well-known Nigerian tycoon and founder of Oriental Energy Resources (OER).
Zahra and Ahmed exchanged their vows in a wedding ceremony on 16th December 2016. Zahra Buhari’s wedding Fatiha took place at the National Mosque, Abuja.
Zahra also came to limelight shortly after her father was voted into office, we have decided to bring to our readers, the 10 things about Zahra, the most prominent daughter of Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari.
(1) Born December 18, 1994.
(2) Education: Kaduna International School; British School of Lome; Bellerby’s College, Brighton, United Kingdom; University of Surrey, United Kingdom
(3) Children: Zahra currently has two children with Ahmed Indimi – the daughter of the Nigerian president, Muhammadu Buhari, Zahra Buhari Indimi and husband, Ahmed welcomed their second child, a baby girl in Dubai, the United Arab Emirate in December 2020.
(4) Scandal: In February 2020, the Presidency dismissed an online report that the daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, Zahra Buhari, has secured a job with the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency. The dismissal was contained in a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, on Wednesday.
(5) Advocacy: In September 2015, Zahra Buhari, daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari signed on to be the brand ambassador of the Sickle Cell Aid Foundation (SCAF).
(6) In October 2020, during the peak of the Covid-19 Pandemic, warehouses where Covid-19 palliatives are stored had been invaded, vandalised and burnt down. Goods such as Indomie, rice, beans, others have been reportedly carted away by unknown hoodlums. President Muhammadu Buhari’s daughter, Zahra Buhari-Indimi said, “Now that people confirmed that Buhari distributed enough palliatives nationwide, it is clear Buhari is not our problem”,.
I(7) She founded the Zahra Buhari Foundation to carter for vulnerable children in the Northeast of Nigeria.
(8The daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, Zahra, also started a talk show called ‘In Conversation With Zahra’, the show explores the topic ‘marriage’ and various issues on families and relationships. Read how she explicitly explained the idea behind the show… “InConversationWithZahra is on a mission to fill the gap of deprivation and enhance the importance of owning our stories and changing the narrative. The second edition, tagged Self-Love is targeted at exploring stories of awareness and dig into real-life perspectives of self-development. What is self love? What questions have you always had in mind about self love? How should I love myself without being selfish or arrogant? How do my activities affect my ‘self love’? Why is self love important…”
(9) The daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, Zahra, stunned guests at a BBC Hausa event when she revealed that she is unable to speak fluently in Hausa, her father’s language. “Every day my father would correct my Hausa when I converse with him”. She attributed her inability to speak good Hausa to attending schools with “children of white people.”
(10) Zahra Buhari is a medical microbiologist.