Security

Bethel Baptist Kidnapping: abductors give July 26 deadline for N60million ransom

Estimated Reading Time: 1

The abductors of the 121 students of Bethel Baptist Secondary school in Kaduna State are demanding the sum of N60 million as ransom and given a deadline of Monday July 26th for the payment to be made.

The father of one of the kidnapped students confirmed the development to Channels Television on Tuesday.

“We are already working round the clock to raise the ransom. They said if the ransom demand is met today (Monday), the students would be released on Tuesday, they promised us,” he said. “Some amount has been gathered, but the church is trying to raise additional funds from members and well-wishers to complete the money. We the parents have already been contributing to the pool.”

“The bandits had last week released one of the students who became sick in their custody.

“He was brought back home by some other kidnapped victims who were released after their families had paid their ransom,” he said.

NewsWireNGR gathered that after several days of negotiations, they reduced the ransom to N500,000 per student, making it a total of N60 million.

Recall that the terrorists had on July 8 attacked Bethel Baptist Secondary school in Chikun Local Government Area of the state and abducted 121 students from their hostels.

Last week, they released one of the students who fell sick in their custody along with two other people who were kidnapped along the Kaduna-Kachia road. They were later rescued inside the forest by operatives of the Kaduna state police command.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*