Estimated Reading Time: 1
Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello says the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has performed beyond the 16-year achievement of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The Kogi Governor said this during an interview on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily. According to him, his party has delivered good governance to Nigerians.
“Largely, APC has performed beyond what PDP has achieved in their 16 years of governance in Nigeria,” Bello spoke from the Kogi State Government House in Lokoja.
“APC’s successes today within six years outweigh the successes of 16 years that they ruled. The statistics are there. We will remind Nigerians of where APC inherited Nigeria and where we are today.”
The Kogi state governor, is one of the Nigerian politicians who has been widely reported to be interested in succeeding President Muhammdu Buhari in 2023.
Speaking on security in his state, The Governor insisted that Kogi is the safest state in Nigeria, despite the recent attack that claimed the life of a commissioner and the abduction of a local government area in the north-central state.
He said, “I will reiterate that Kogi State is the safest state in Nigeria today. It doesn’t mean that there are no pockets of issues that we are grappling with.
“Like I always say, they will come in their numbers but they will never return back, especially the criminals. Yes, there are some notorious spots in the state.”
NewsWireNGR recalls that 4 days ago, Kogi West Council of Elders called on the governor to sustain his desire to occupy the nation’s top seat come 2023.
The group, which is made up of mostly retired military personnel, was led by the former Military Governor of Old Western State and former Minister of Police Affairs, General David Jemibewon (rtd).
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds