Estimated Reading Time: 1
Jennifer Gates, the eldest daughter of Billionaire Bill Gates and estranged wife, Melinda Gates, has reacted to the divorce statement issued by her parents.
Bill and Melinda issued the statement yesterday announcing that their marriage of 27 years is over. They, however, said they would continue to work together on the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Jennifer, 25, wrote in parts it has been “a challenging stretch of time,” but said she’s learning to support her family at the moment.
“I’m still learning how to best support my own process and emotions as well as my family members at this time and am grateful for the space to do so,” she wrote on Instagram.
The estranged couple posted the same joint statement about their divorce on Twitter, which read: “After a great deal of thought and a lot of work, we have made the decision to end our marriage. Over the last 27 years, we have raised three incredible children and built a foundation that works all over the world to enable all people to lead healthy, productive lives. We continue to share a belief in that mission and will continue to work together at the foundation, but we no longer believe we can grow together as a couple in this next phase of our lives. We ask for space and privacy for our family as we begin to navigate this new life.”
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student