Estimated Reading Time: 1
The abducted student of Kings School, otherwise known as Capro Secondary Mission School located at Gana Ropp in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State has regained freedom, the military authorities have confirmed.
Gunmen had in the early hours of April 29 kidnapped the students in Capro, which is few kilometres away from the Yakubu Gowon airport and about 60 kilometres from Jos, the state capital.
However, three of the students escaped while one remained in captivity. But in a statement issued on Sunday, the spokesman of Operation Safe Haven, Major Ibrahim Shittu, said troops rescued the remaining student in captivity on Saturday.
He said the rescue operation was achieved through the sustained search and rescue efforts of the troops, adding that no ransom was paid to secure the student’s release.
According to the military spokesman, the rescued student is in good health condition and has since been reunited with other students in the college.
Bandits have, in recent times, targeted schools for mass abductions – Several students of Greenfield University in Kaduna are still in captivity after they were abducted on April 20.
Bandits who abducted 39 students from the Federal College of Forestry Mechanization, Afaka, in the Igabi local government area of Kaduna state recently released a video of the students, including a pregnant female student, calling for help.
- In Delta, Governor Okowa sacks commissioners, SSG, Chief of Staff, others
- Muhammadu Buhari: As governments struggled to contain COVID, jihadists have taken advantage in the Sahel
- SERAP wants Nasir El-rufai to “immediately end the growing crackdown on workers and protesters in his state”
- Just In: Buhari appoints Abubakar Fikpo as DG NDE
- COVID-19: NAFDAC approves Johnson & Johnson for emergency use
- Ayade finally approves the ‘appointment’ of magistrates unpaid for 2 years
- Kaduna State Government vows to dismiss workers who join NLC protest
- Naomi Campbell welcomes baby daughter at 50
- Nigeria Immigration Service formally suspends issuance of new passports
- Kaduna strike: Wabba dares El-Rufai; leads protest to state house