Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Army has renamed Operation Lafiya Dole (OPLD) to Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) to reflect inclusiveness in the North-East geopolitical zone.
The renaming, according to a press release by the Director, Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Mohammed Yerima is premised on the fact that the Nigerian Army (NA) has made a lot of progress over the years and needs to re-align for better efficiency.
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru who approved the renaming expressed his belief that the complete defeat of insurgency is a process that requires the participation of the entire nation using all elements of national power as the new name depicts.
The renaming also affected the re-designation of the Army Super Camps which now reflect the nomenclature of the formations and units followed by the name of the locations they occupy, while sub-units are redesigned as Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) followed by the name of their locations. All these changes are with immediate effect.
The renaming is in line with the COAS Vision of having “A Nigerian Army that is Repositioned to Professionally Defeat all Adversaries in a Joint Environment.”
The COAS further assured the nation that the Nigerian Army under his leadership will continue to pursue the path of joint actions and oneness in prosecuting the counterinsurgency war.
- ‘We recovered $153 Million, 80 houses from Diezani’ – EFCC reveals
- Arson: NDLEA office in Abia have been burned
- Nollywood actor defends alleged child molester Baba Ijesha; leads protest at Panti
- Kidnappers’ locations are not unknown but we are being careful – Lai Mohammed
- Southern Senators support Governor’s resolve to ban open grazing
- Abiodun Komolafe: Osun figures don’t lie!
- Vice President Osinbajo arrives Uganda for Yoweri Museveni’s 6th inauguration
- SPECIAL REPORT: How special needs students are struggling against the Nigerian educational system
- Squandered N50bn: Transport ministry accuse the NPA of engaging in “wastage of public funds”
- Cheta Nwanze: Quick reaction to Buhari’s new security measures for the South-East/South-South