Estimated Reading Time: 1
Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara state has awarded fifteen Million naira cash to the winners of the National Qur’anic Recitation Competition held in Kano.
In a press statement signed by the Director General Media and Communication office of the Governor, Yusuf Idris said the Governor Bello Matawalle also appointed the winners as Special Assistants
He said the Gesture is in appreciation of the sterling performance of the state’s contingent as well as a source of encouragement to Muslim youth in the state to redouble their efforts in learning and teachings of the Holy Qur’an.
The Governor then promised to continue to do his best in protecting the Holy Qur’an and encouraging the Islamic teachings to achieve better society.
- Gunmen abduct Abia state university students
- Abuja schools shut, students sent home as threats of bandit attacks increase
- Insecurity: Nigeria’s security chiefs appear before Senate
- Terrorists attack Anambra Police Station
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students