Estimated Reading Time: 2
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has inaugurated the executive members of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, in the Southwest.
At the inauguration ceremony, held at the Government House, Agodi, Ibadan, the Governor said the success of the Southwest Zonal Congress of the PDP was the beginning of the redemption of the country.
He said, “Nigerians are tired of all the mis-governance of APC at the national level. Is it insecurity? Is it economic meltdown? Is it aloofness of the entire leadership of government at the national level? Nigerians will not take that and we in the PDP, starting from the Southwest, are ready to provide leadership for our country.”
The new leadership of the Southwest PDP is headed by Ambassador Taofeek Arapaja, who defeated Eddy Olafeso at the Zonal Congress held recently in Osogbo, the Osun State capital city.
Presenting his inaugural address, the National Vice Chairman (Southwest), Ambassador Taofeek Arapaja, said the cardinal mission of his tenure was to bring repositioning, progress and general well-being to the party.
He noted that his election as the National Vice-Chairman of the PDP in the present trying times was a call to service, as he knows the travails and plights of aspirants and contestants in the hands of bad party executives.
He said: “I know that the fortune of our party lies on the executives who are the umpire. Therefore, this newly elected executive shall strive hard and God being on our side, we shall leave no stone unturned in moving our party to greater heights.”
“We don’t need a soothsayer to know that all is not well with the party. In the recent past, PDP held sway in the southwest having gained control of five out of six states (Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti were all PDP states) while the central government also belonged to us. Today, PDP controls only Oyo State in the southwest,” Arapaja lamented.
He assured that he would reach out to aggrieved members of the party to return to the fold in the spirit of building a stronger and bigger party in the region.
- Terrorists attack Anambra Police Station
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students
- Enugu Catholic Diocese suspend Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka
- “The President condones these criminals” – Reactions as Buhari appeals to terrorists to release abducted Nigerians
- Just In: Terrorists have attacked and kidnapped nearly 100 people in Niger State