Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved the National Poverty Reduction with Growth Strategy (NPRGS) put together by the Presidential Economic Advisory Council (PEAC).
Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, disclosed this to State House Correspondents on Wednesday.
According to Adesina, the Steering Committee on NPRGS would be headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who will provide overall guidance for implementation.
He said council also approved implementation of the Strategy and its incorporation into the Medium Term National Development Plan 2021-2025 and the Agenda 2050.
FEC also directed the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, to prepare a bill for submission to National Assembly, to make the implementation of the strategy sustainable.
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student