Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian police have confirmed the death of a DPO and eight of his officers in the northern state of Kebbi.
Kebbi State police spokesman ASP Nafi’u Abubakar confirmed the incident to the BBC Hausa Service, which took place on Sunday.
“It was around 2:30 pm when the DPO of Kasaba received word that a village called Makuku and surrounding villages had been attacked. He immediately picked up his eight children with the intention of rescuing them after the fight. they met their deadline, ”said ASP Nafi’u.
Reports say the senator representing Bala ibn Na’alla sought the help of the air force, where a fighter jet immediately came to the rescue and defeated the militants, but there were no reports of any casualties.
On Tuesday, gunmen stormed the villages of Kunduru, Bajida and Rafin Gora, killing several cattle – Villagers are now leaving their homes to save their lives.
In Geidam, Yobe State, people have continued to flee the town as a result of Boko Haram incursions since Friday.
Witnesses said they fled to avoid being caught in the crossfire between the Nigerian army and Boko Haram militants.
Fighting also broke out between Boko Haram militants and the military in the neighboring town of Mainok in Borno State, with some reports saying the attack involved soldiers.
Boko Haram has recently intensified its attacks in various parts of northeastern Nigeria.
- Gunmen abduct Abia state university students
- Abuja schools shut, students sent home as threats of bandit attacks increase
- Insecurity: Nigeria’s security chiefs appear before Senate
- Terrorists attack Anambra Police Station
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students