Estimated Reading Time: 1
At least one person has been confirmed dead while several others have been abducted on Sunday morning when arms-wielding bandits attacked a church in Manini Tasha village, Kuriga Ward in Chukun local government area of Kaduna State.
LEADERSHIP Newspaper reports that the dead person was confirmed to be a medical doctor – An eyewitness, who narrowly escaped the scene at Haske Baptist Church in Manini village, Mr Yakubu Bala, said that the bandits, who were heavily armed stormed the church and sorrounded the worshippers at about 9am.
He explained that the bandits attacked in their number, heavily armed and began to shoot sporadically at the worshipers, who scampered for safety in different directions.
According to him, “Dr. Zakariah Dogo Yaro, a medical Doctor with the Kaduna State Ministry of Health was shot dead and unspecified number of people kidnapped while so many worshipers sustained varying degrees of injuries.
“As am talking to you now, we have not seen some of our villagers who ran into the bushes while the shootings were going on.
“We don’t know what’s happening that we are facing this kind of scenario in our peaceful communities. Most villagers are threatening to leave their homes because of the constant attacks on so many villages in Chukun local government,” Yakubu lamented.
- Gunmen abduct Abia state university students
- Abuja schools shut, students sent home as threats of bandit attacks increase
- Insecurity: Nigeria’s security chiefs appear before Senate
- Terrorists attack Anambra Police Station
- Nigeria has no adequate satellites to monitor bandits – Space Agency says
- EFCC arrests alleged organ trafficker in Port Harcourt
- NECO releases 2020 SSCE results
- #EndSARS: We gave N940 million to Lagos businesses: Sanwo-Olu
- Son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Enoch Adeboye, is dead
- 15 million naira ransom paid – one notorious terrorist released in exchange for 27 Kaduna students